The upcoming release of the Qualys Cloud Platform (VM, PC), version 8.21.2, includes several new features in Qualys Cloud Platform and support for multiple technologies in Qualys Policy Compliance. The 8.21.2 release is scheduled to go live on 16th Sept, 2019.
See full 8.21.2 new features blog post for additional details on this release.
Qualys Cloud Platform
- Virtual Scanner Appliance Support for Alibaba Platform – With the 8.21.2 release, Qualys will be adding support for Qualys Virtual Scanner Appliance on Alibaba Cloud Compute.
Qualys Vulnerability Management (VM)
- Schedule an EC2 Scan with no scannable EC2 Assets in Asset Tags – An account Manager or Unit Manager can schedule an EC2 scan, even if the tags don’t resolve to hosts in your account at the time of scheduling.
Qualys Policy Compliance (PC)
- Expanded Support for Instance Discovery and Auto Record Creation – The 8.21.2 release will support instance discovery and auto record creation for IBM WebSphere App Server and JBoss Server. This was previously supported for Apache Web Server.
- Oracle 19c Support – With 8.21.2, Qualys PC extends its support for Oracle authentication to include Oracle 19c. Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c, and 9i were already supported.
- Scan Results Shown for SUSE 11.x from Cloud Agent Scans – With this release, customers will get to scan results for SUSE 11.x from cloud agent scans if the technology is selected in the UDC. This applies to all Unix UDCs.
- Ubuntu 14.x and SUSE 12.x added to the Unix Directory Check UDC – The 8.21.2 release will add support for 2 new technologies – Ubuntu 14.x and SUSE 12.x in the Unix Directory Check UDC. These technologies will also be supported by agent scans for all Unix UDCs.
- New Technologies Supported in Compliance Scans for Unix Hosts – The 8.21.2 release will add support for 2 new host technologies “Elasticsearch” and “Apache Kafka” in compliance scans for hosts running on Unix platform.