A new release of the Qualys Cloud Platform includes several new platform features and also includes new versions of the following modules:
- Security Assessment Questionnaire 2.0
- ThreatPROTECT 1.1
- AssetView 2.14
- Cloud Agent Platform 1.5.0
- Qualys Cloud Platform 2.14
The specific date for deployment will differ depending on the platform. Release Dates will be published on the Qualys Status page when available.
For more detailed information on these features, see the Qualys Cloud Platform-214-release-notes.
Qualys Security Assessment Questionnaire
Qualys is introducing Security Assessment Questionnaire in this release of the Qualys Cloud Platform. Qualys Security Assessment Questionnaire is a cloud-based service that enables you to collect and analyze information about your business easily, quickly, and without reinventing the wheel. With this service, you can expand the scope of risk and compliance data beyond technical controls and vulnerabilities to verify that third-party vendors are in compliance with emerging regulatory requirements. By automating a traditionally manual process, Qualys Security Assessment Questionnaire frees you from unreliable and labor-intensive approaches such as email and spreadsheets and optimizes the accuracy of your audit results. For more information, see the Qualys Security Assessment Questionnaire Product Page.
It’s now faster and easier to find the vulnerability details that require remediation in ThreatPROTECT widgets and the search screen. The feed has also been optimized to show unread items in the feed as New.
- Print Dashboards– You can now select Print Dashboards allowing output to printers and PDF in a readable format including all widgets on the dashboard instance.
- Index and Search Improvements – Additional fields and support for nested queries provide more control over the search criteria so you can quickly and accurately find the hosts you are looking for.
- Create a Dashboard Widget from a Saved Search – Now you can easily transform your query into a widget on your dashboard. Once you have your query the way you want, just select “create widget” to customize and add the widget to a dashboard.
- Group By Vulnerabilities – When searching for vulnerabilities, you can now group by Vulnerability to see vulnerability details.
- Group By Filtering – When viewing results with various Group By options, you can now filter the list view by selecting specific attributes in the column header to further narrow your results.
- Asset Vulnerability Details – When viewing an asset, you can view a summary of the vulnerability details on the Vulnerabilities tab, and drill through to full vulnerability details with additional search options to narrow in on specific vulnerabilities.
- Cloud Agent Module Permissions – Now you can assign some or all permissions to subusers by editing user role permissions using the Administration utility. (All Managers are assigned all permissions by default as in previous releases.)
- Edit and Delete Activation Keys – We’ve added options to help you edit, delete, enable/disable activation keys in your account. New options appear on the Quick Actions menu.
- Select Columns to Show in AssetView Data List – Now you can customize the look of your agents list. The new Columns menu lets you choose what columns you’d like to display.
- Unsupported Browsers – You will now receive a warning message when using an older unsupported browser version such as Internet Explorer 7.
- Change Default CSV Delimiter – Customized separator for each user profile can be chosen for customers with varying regional defaults.
- Expanded EC2 coverage – EC2 connector support for scanning smaller (t1, t2, m1) instance types is now globally enabled for all customers.
- Unauthorized Scanning Prevention – When adding scanning targets to WAS, WAF, MD, and SECURE Seal, a warning message is now displayed reminding you to verify that you have permission to scan the application or site.