Brian Krebs, Journalist
Wolfgang Kandek, CTO, Qualys
Rodrigo Branco, Researcher, Qualys
Rich Mogull, Analyst & CEO, SECUROSIS
Gunter Ollman, CTO, Damballa
Andy Bonillo, Principal, Investigative Response, Verizon
September 29, 2011 at Qualys Security Conference 2011 San Francisco
- What is APT?
- What makes APTs successful when they’re successful?
- Are so-called APTs executed via vulnerabilities that should have been patched?
- Good system administration is the baseline defense.
- How does any organization protect itself against the most sophisticated attacks?
- Do organizations have the ability to know how long they have been pwned?
- TCP: total cost of pwnage.
- Dynamics of the APT ecosystem.
- Best practices for securing systems.
- What happens when organizations fail to detect APTs?
- What can we do to make things better?
- Are you hopeful the community will share information?
- Q&A: What should we look for in log files?
- Q&A: What is opinion on virtual patching?
- Q&A: What is impact of increase in mobile devices?
58 minutes, 32 seconds