This new patch release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.9.3, includes updates for cloud-based scanner deployments and tagging improvements.
This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform version 2.21 includes new major releases of both Web Application Firewall and Web Application Scanning. The release also includes numerous updates and new features for AssetView, Cloud Agent, and Security Assessment Questionnaire as follows:
- AssetView (Version 2.21.0) – One click access to vulnerability details for an asset and Improved filtering options for widgets.
- Cloud Agent Platform (Version 2.2.0) – Additional tuning parameters for the agent and simplified agent OS support information.
- Security Assessment Questionnaire (Version 2.6.0) – Improvements to Dynamic Reports, ability to customize Email templates, and ability to edit comments in responses.
- Web Application Firewall (Version 2.0.0) – Improved virtual appliance, improved integration with Web Application Scanning, a revamped user-interface and simplified security configuration.
- Web Application Scanning (Version 5.0.0) – Includes initial support for REST based testing, Scanner Appliance Pooling and drastic improvements to Progressive Scanning metrics.
The specific day for deployment will differ depending on the platform. Release Dates will be published on the Qualys Status page when available.
The U.S. Naval Observatory announced on July 6, 2016 that a leap second will be added to official timekeeping on December 31, 2016 at 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This corresponds to 6:59:59 pm Eastern Standard Time, when the extra second will be inserted at the U.S. Naval Observatory’s Master Clock Facility in Washington, DC.
Qualys has completed our assessment of the Qualys Cloud Platform and its sensors (scanners), and we do not expect any impact or adverse effect. In the time since Qualys was founded in 1999, there have been leap seconds in 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2015, all with no reported impact to Qualys systems or customers.
This new patch release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.9.1, includes updates for Cloud-based scanner deployments, VM Reporting Enhancements, and expanded platform coverage for PC.
Cloud Platform: Added EC2 Proxy Server support for the connector and the ability to identify the provider for scanners deployed in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
Vulnerability Management: Improvements from customer requests for a number of VM Reports and ability to set reopen date for Remediation Tickets.
Policy Compliance: Expanded platform coverage for Microsoft IIS 10, Pivotal Webserver 6, Docker and Windows Server 2016.
This new release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.9, includes updates for usability and functionality across the platform as well as Vulnerability Management and Policy Compliance.
Cloud Platform: Several significant improvements are included in this release for Authentication including: SSH2 certificate support for UNIX authentication, Vault expansion to support Cyber-Ark AIM, Cisco NX-OS Authentication Records, along with improvements to MS SQL Authentication. Additionally, improvements to scan-related tasks including overlapping scan prevention and network support for external scanners are included in this release.
Vulnerability Management: This release is focused on features to simplify scan processing, improve asset identification, and expand remediation workflow options. A variety of reporting improvements from customer requests were also implemented.
Policy Compliance: We’re excited to announce that Policy Compliance now supports tag-based asset association with policies! Additionally, we’ve expanded UDC coverage, added new platforms, improved scanning workflow, and added policy locking to meet auditor requirements. You can now also export UDC’s with your Policy export. Continue reading …