This new patch release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.10.2, includes updates to shared platform features, a new role for user management, and expanded Policy Compliance platform support. Continue reading …
This new release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.10, includes new capabilities and improvements to for VM, PC and shared platform improvements:
- Authentication Vault integration with BeyondTrust
- Mandate-Based reporting for Policy Compliance to simplify reporting against multiple mandates and audit frameworks.
- Expanded support & features for scanning Cloud Environments such as Amazon EC2, Azure, and Google GCE.
- VM Scanning, Reporting, and SSL Labs Improvements
- Ability to export/import UDC definitions with Policy XML and Qualys Library Content
- Policy Compliance support for PostGRE SQL and UDC Support for Amazon Linux 2016
- Qualys Cloud Platform 8.10 (VM/PC) API Notification 1
- Qualys Cloud Platform 8.10 (VM/PC) API Notification 2
Reserve Bank of India (RBI), India’s central banking and monetary authority, points out that the number, frequency, and impact of cyber incidents on Indian banks has increased substantially. Like their peers globally, Indian banks are committed to maintaining customer trust, protecting financial assets, and preserving their own brand and reputation as the industry will remain a top target of cybercriminals using increasingly sophisticated methods. Thus, it is urgent that banks continue to improve their cyber defenses.
In a race to adopt technology innovations, the exposure to cyber incidents/attacks has also increased, thereby underlining the urgent need to put in place a robust cyber security and resilience framework. The Reserve Bank of India has provided guidelines on Cyber Security Framework vide circular DBS.
This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform version 2.21 includes new major releases of both Web Application Firewall and Web Application Scanning. The release also includes numerous updates and new features for AssetView, Cloud Agent, and Security Assessment Questionnaire as follows:
- AssetView (Version 2.21.0) – One click access to vulnerability details for an asset and Improved filtering options for widgets.
- Cloud Agent Platform (Version 2.2.0) – Additional tuning parameters for the agent and simplified agent OS support information.
- Security Assessment Questionnaire (Version 2.6.0) – Improvements to Dynamic Reports, ability to customize Email templates, and ability to edit comments in responses.
- Web Application Firewall (Version 2.0.0) – Improved virtual appliance, improved integration with Web Application Scanning, a revamped user-interface and simplified security configuration.
- Web Application Scanning (Version 5.0.0) – Includes initial support for REST based testing, Scanner Appliance Pooling and drastic improvements to Progressive Scanning metrics.
The specific day for deployment will differ depending on the platform. Release Dates will be published on the Qualys Status page when available.
The U.S. Naval Observatory announced on July 6, 2016 that a leap second will be added to official timekeeping on December 31, 2016 at 23 hours, 59 minutes and 59 seconds Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This corresponds to 6:59:59 pm Eastern Standard Time, when the extra second will be inserted at the U.S. Naval Observatory’s Master Clock Facility in Washington, DC.
Qualys has completed our assessment of the Qualys Cloud Platform and its sensors (scanners), and we do not expect any impact or adverse effect. In the time since Qualys was founded in 1999, there have been leap seconds in 2005, 2008, 2012 and 2015, all with no reported impact to Qualys systems or customers.