Qualys Cloud Platform (VM, PC) version 8.17 contains various feature enhancements in Qualys Vulnerability Management and Qualys Policy Compliance. In addition, this release also lowers the time required before pausing or canceling an ongoing scan. Previously, scheduled scans could be cancelled or paused after a minimum of one hour from its start time.
This new release of the Qualys Cloud Platform (VM, PC), version 8.16, contains several new improvements in Qualys Vulnerability Management and Qualys Policy Compliance, which includes new password security option, increased limit for virtual hosts that can be added to a subscription, added support for Scanning ESXi Hosts on vCenter, and more.
Read on for release highlights.
Patch release of Qualys Cloud Platform, version 8.15.2, includes new support for Apache instance auto-discovery in Qualys Policy Compliance.
- Apache Instance Auto-Discovery – This new feature in Qualys PC enables automatic discovery of Apache during compliance scans. Once one or more apache instances are discovered, the required authentication records are automatically created. We’ve also simplified authentication records for Apache allowing multiple instances to share a single authentication record. In cases where multiple Apache instances are found, users no longer need to provide separate authentication records for each instance.
This new patch release of the Qualys Cloud Platform, version 8.15.1, includes updates to Qualys Vulnerability Management.
- IP Update Handling for Agents – External IP address for Agents will no longer overwrite previous internal IP address when an internal address is not available during inventory data collection. The previous internal IP will remain as the Agent’s IP until the Agent recollects inventory data.
For more details about the above feature – please review the release notes. Release notes will be posted as soon as they are available on the Qualys Cloud Platform Release Notes page.
Platform release dates will be published on the Qualys Status page when available.
This new release of the Qualys Cloud Platform (VM, SCA, PC), version 8.15, includes several new improvements across the VM, PC, and SCA Apps including new IPv6 configuration options for the scanner, improvements to several VM reports including ability to display EC2 metadata, a new Policy Compliance report, and expanded platform support for VM, PC, and SCA.
This new release of the Qualys Cloud Platform (VM, SCA, PC), version 8.14, includes several new feature improvements across the apps such as Wallix AdminBastion support, EC2 scan improvements, VM reporting improvements, ESX/ESXi PC support for vCenter, PC STIG Report, and expanded technology support for Qualys Policy Compliance.
This new release of the Qualys Cloud Platform (VM, PC), version 8.13, includes several new feature improvements across the apps such as the ability to test authentication records, as well as improvements to UDC’s and report options in Qualys Policy Compliance.
Qualys Product Management Director Tim White and SANS Institute Analyst John Pescatore did a deep dive into the Center for Internet Security’s Critical Security Controls during a recent webcast, and answered questions from audience members about these 20 foundational security practices, and about the importance of maintaining basic security hygiene.
In this blog post, we’re providing edited transcripts of their answers to all the questions, including those that they didn’t have time to address during the one-hour webcast, which was titled “Automating CIS Critical Security Controls for Threat Remediation and Enhanced Compliance.” We hope you find their explanations insightful and useful.
In addition, if you didn’t catch the webcast live, we invite you to listen to the CIS controls webcast recording. We also encourage you to download a copy of a highly detailed guide that maps the CIS controls and sub-controls directly to specific features in Qualys apps.
This new release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.11, adds several new major features including:
- Customizable Login Banners
- New VM features including QID Changelog View, PCAP Scanning in Express Lite subscriptions, Scanning Options, and Timestamps on IG QID’s.
- PC improvements to File Monitoring UDC as well as Policy Compliance Reporting Options.
- Expanded Policy Compliance platform support including Palo Alto Firewall, MongoDB, and Apache Tomcat on Windows.