Today at RSA Conference 2011 USA, Qualys announced that it has published a new comprehensive guide on Web Application Scanning (WAS) to help readers understand web application security – including how to quickly find and fix vulnerabilities in web applications.
The book, authored by Qualys security research engineer Mike Shema, outlines the process in five parts:
- Why Web Security Matters, providing a primer on the importance of web application security.
- Establishing a Web Application Security Program, presenting a framework of actions you can take to find and fix vulnerabilities in custom web applications.
- Using Automated Scanning to Test Web Applications. This section provides a guide to choosing and using a scanner to automatically find and prioritize web application vulnerabilities.
- Introducing QualysGuard WAS, describing the ease and simplicity of using a popular web application scanner from Qualys.
- Ten Tips for Securing Web Applications. This last section provides a short list of steps to ensure stronger security for custom web applications.
The free comprehensive guide is available at Qualys Booth #1432 at RSA Conference and online at http://www.qualys.com/wasfordummies.