Qualys today announced at RSA Conference USA 2012 major enhancements to its QualysGuard Cloud Platform and suite of integrated applications for security and compliance. These new innovations will extend the cloud platform capabilities to help customers improve the security of their IT systems and applications, further automate their compliance initiatives for IT-GRC and provide online protection against cyber attacks, while reducing operational costs and increasing the efficiency of their security programs.
Qualys will unveil these latest major technological innovations tonight at booth #1431 at 7:00 p.m. PT at the RSA Conference USA:
- Web Application Firewall (WAF). A brand new cloud service from Qualys, QualysGuard WAF protects web sites from unwanted requests and a range of online threats from spammers to SQL injection to DDoS, and provides increased web site performance through caching, compression and content optimization.
- Zero-Day Risk Analyzer Module. Built on VeriSign’s iDefense zero-day security intelligence services, this new QualysGuard service allows customers to analyze zero-day threats and estimate their impact on their IT infrastructures and critical systems based on information collected from previous scan results.
- Patent-Pending Technology for Enterprise Asset Management. Allows customers to tag assets dynamically based on scan results and to categorize assets in a hierarchical manner to keep pace with changing environments. Tags can then be used in all workflows including scanning, reporting or assigning security and access to assets.
- Customizable Questionnaires Service for IT- GRC. Extends the QualysGuard Cloud Platform’s policy compliance capabilities to automate manual control assessments with a customizable questionnaire based on a repository of nearly 1,000 pre-mapped policy documents via the Unified Compliance Framework. Workflows are also provided out-of-the-box that can be tailored to fit business processes.
- Malware Detection Service, Enterprise Edition. Built on the popular free Malware Detection service, the enterprise version will allow customers to track malware on multiple web sites with advanced reporting and notification options.
- General Availability of Virtualized Scanner Appliances. Allows customers to deploy virtual scanner appliances in various modes – on laptops for mobile consultants, in data centers for enterprise scanning and in the Amazon EC2 and VPC platforms for cloud deployments.
Read the full announcement.