Qualys is excited to announce the release of QualysGuard®, Version 7.0 will be available in production on Thursday, February 23rd, 2012.
- New User Interface: Starting with QualysGuard 7.0 all accounts will be converted to use the New User Interface that features interactive dashboards, actionable menus and workflows, and context-based interactions.
- Dynamic Asset Tagging (beta): QualysGuard 7.0 includes the open beta of Dynamic Asset Tagging that gives customers the ability to automatically organize assets based on any discovered attributes (e.g. Operating System, installed software, or even users in the Administrators Group).
- iDefense Threat Intelligence: QualysGuard 7.0 adds the iDefense Threat Intelligence module that provides users with a way to get customized alerts about new threats published exclusively by VeriSign iDefense Cyber Intelligence.
- Zero-Day Risk Analyzer: QualysGuard 7.0 provides the Zero-Day Risk Analyzer to inform customers of emerging zero-day threats and estimate their impact critical systems using information collected from previous scan results, giving security professionals the ability to adress risk without requiring scanning first.
- Scheduled Reporting: QualysGuard 7.0 introduces the ability to schedule reports, allowing customers to automate the process of distributing scan results, scorecards, and Patch Reports.
- qgCalendar: QualysGuard 7.0 adds support for downloading a feed of scanning activity in iCal format so that customers can view all past and future scanning activities in calendaring applications such as Microsoft Outlook.
QualysGuard Policy Compliance Enhancements:
- DB2 Authentication: QualysGuard 7.0 adds authentication for IBM DB2 databases on supported Windows and Linux platforms, providing customers the ability to gather database configuration information in order to validate compliance with corporate policies.
- Policy Report Improvements: QualysGuard 7.0 includes the following report improvements:
1) users can hide all details in the Detailed Results section of the policy report
2) users can include Control References in template based reports
- FDCC Support for Windows 2008 Server: Custom FDCC policies can be created for Windows 2008, allowing you to scan for FDCC compliance and generate FDCC reports for this technology. A pre-defined policy for Windows 2008 can be imported into your account.
Full release notes will be available to customers from within the Resources section of your QualysGuard account. To receive more information on QualysGuard 7.0, please visit the Qualys Community at https://community.qualys.com or contact your Technical Account Manager or Qualys' Technical Support Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.