This new patch release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.10.1, includes updates to password management, user roles & permissions, and User Defined Control improvements in Qualys Policy Compliance (PC).
This new release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.10, includes new capabilities and improvements to for VM, PC and shared platform improvements:
- Authentication Vault integration with BeyondTrust
- Mandate-Based reporting for Policy Compliance to simplify reporting against multiple mandates and audit frameworks.
- Expanded support & features for scanning Cloud Environments such as Amazon EC2, Azure, and Google GCE.
- VM Scanning, Reporting, and SSL Labs Improvements
- Ability to export/import UDC definitions with Policy XML and Qualys Library Content
- Policy Compliance support for PostGRE SQL and UDC Support for Amazon Linux 2016
- Qualys Cloud Platform 8.10 (VM/PC) API Notification 1
- Qualys Cloud Platform 8.10 (VM/PC) API Notification 2
This new patch release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.9.1, includes updates for Cloud-based scanner deployments, VM Reporting Enhancements, and expanded platform coverage for PC.
Cloud Platform: Added EC2 Proxy Server support for the connector and the ability to identify the provider for scanners deployed in cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform.
Vulnerability Management: Improvements from customer requests for a number of VM Reports and ability to set reopen date for Remediation Tickets.
Policy Compliance: Expanded platform coverage for Microsoft IIS 10, Pivotal Webserver 6, Docker and Windows Server 2016.
This new release of the Qualys Cloud Suite, version 8.9, includes updates for usability and functionality across the platform as well as Vulnerability Management and Policy Compliance.
Cloud Platform: Several significant improvements are included in this release for Authentication including: SSH2 certificate support for UNIX authentication, Vault expansion to support Cyber-Ark AIM, Cisco NX-OS Authentication Records, along with improvements to MS SQL Authentication. Additionally, improvements to scan-related tasks including overlapping scan prevention and network support for external scanners are included in this release.
Vulnerability Management: This release is focused on features to simplify scan processing, improve asset identification, and expand remediation workflow options. A variety of reporting improvements from customer requests were also implemented.
Policy Compliance: We’re excited to announce that Policy Compliance now supports tag-based asset association with policies! Additionally, we’ve expanded UDC coverage, added new platforms, improved scanning workflow, and added policy locking to meet auditor requirements. You can now also export UDC’s with your Policy export. Continue reading …
QualysGuard 8.0 adds the following capabilities to the QualysGuard Cloud Platform and its suite of services:
- Featured Enhancement: Overlapping IP support
- Vulnerability Management
- Improvements to the SSL Certificates List
- Configure Multiple PCI Option Profiles
- Security Risk Score Summary Added to XML and CSV Reports
- Policy Compliance
- Golden Image Policy Organized Into Sections
- Select Individual IPs for Your Policy Reports
- Control Checksum Requirement Removed from Policy XML
- QualysGuard Platform
- New Look and Feel for QualysGuard Express
- Improved IP Selection
- QualysGuard API Enhancements
Qualys will decommission its legacy platform scan distribution service, "Dispatcher", in favor of New Scanner Services, which has been in operation since 2010. The vast majority of user subscriptions have already been migrated to New Scanner Services, and Qualys will now begin a final push to migrate all remaining subscriptions. The migration action requires no user action and is non-disruptive except in special circumstances, as described below.
This document outlines the process that will occur and provides guidance on what to expect. If you have further questions, you may contact your Qualys reseller contact; your Qualys account manager; and/or Qualys support. Details about the migration schedule are at the end of this blog post.
An update to QualysGuard 7.12 will be released in production in the coming weeks to introduce improvements to the QualysGuard Cloud Platform and API:
- New Permission to Manage External IDs
- Dissolvable Agent Per Scan
- QualysGuard API Enhancements
The new QualysGuard Vulnerability Notification feature allows you to configure QualysGuard to send email notifications to users about new and updated vulnerabilities in the QualysGuard KnowledgeBase. An update to QualysGuard 7.11 will be released in production in the coming weeks to introduce this feature.