This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform version 2.25 includes updates and new features for Cloud Agent, ThreatPROTECT, and Web Application Scanning as follows:
This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform version 2.21 includes new major releases of both Web Application Firewall and Web Application Scanning. The release also includes numerous updates and new features for AssetView, Cloud Agent, and Security Assessment Questionnaire as follows:
- AssetView (Version 2.21.0) – One click access to vulnerability details for an asset and Improved filtering options for widgets.
- Cloud Agent Platform (Version 2.2.0) – Additional tuning parameters for the agent and simplified agent OS support information.
- Security Assessment Questionnaire (Version 2.6.0) – Improvements to Dynamic Reports, ability to customize Email templates, and ability to edit comments in responses.
- Web Application Firewall (Version 2.0.0) – Improved virtual appliance, improved integration with Web Application Scanning, a revamped user-interface and simplified security configuration.
- Web Application Scanning (Version 5.0.0) – Includes initial support for REST based testing, Scanner Appliance Pooling and drastic improvements to Progressive Scanning metrics.
The specific day for deployment will differ depending on the platform. Release Dates will be published on the Qualys Status page when available.
When Office Depot went looking for a new vulnerability management system, it picked Qualys’ for several reasons, including the variety and capabilities of its application programming interfaces (APIs). This was the topic of a recent talk by Office Depot Director of Global Information Security Jon Scheidell.
Since deploying Qualys Vulnerability Management (VM) about three years ago, the office supply chain has made ample and effective use of Qualys APIs in ways that have helped improve its overall security posture and its business operations.
“They’re one of the security vendors that does a better job of not only creating APIs for different features but also documenting them very, very well,” Scheidell said during a recent presentation at the Black Hat USA 2016 conference.
Qualys has always prioritized the extensibility of its platform via APIs, starting in the early 2000s with the release of its first product, and it has intensified its API efforts in the last four or five years.
Today, almost all of the major functions of the Qualys Cloud Platform are accessible to third party developers via APIs. In addition to Vulnerability Management, Qualys offers complete API sets for Web Application Scanning, Web Application Firewall, Policy Compliance, Continuous Monitoring, Malware Detection and the platform’s underlying asset management and tagging functionality.
I’m pleased to announce the general availability of the Qualys Cloud Agent Client version 1.3 for Windows.
I’m pleased to announce the general availability of the Qualys Cloud Agent Client version 1.2 for Windows.
The release includes significant improvements for configuring and using proxies on your network, as well as uninstall, scanning, and performance enhancements.
Qualys Cloud Agent enables instant, global visibility of IT assets – even occasionally connected mobile and virtual devices, with up-to-date asset configuration data for security and compliance. A low-footprint agent installed on endpoints, Cloud Agent brings the high-performance functionality of all Qualys Cloud Platform solutions to all IT assets in the global enterprise.
This release of the Qualys Cloud Agent Platform includes several new features for improving management of the Cloud Agent including:
- New Information and Search Options in Agent Management – making it easier to find agents requiring attention.
- Agent Network and Name Identification – allowing you to identify an asset by its unique network information and track all addresses associated with an agent.
- New Capabilities for Activation Keys – allowing you to automate activation, licensed features, and dynamically tag new agents as they are registered.