This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform version 2.25 includes updates and new features for Cloud Agent, ThreatPROTECT, and Web Application Scanning as follows:
With hackers taking advantage of the Apache Struts vulnerability and aggressively attacking enterprises worldwide, Qualys can protect your organization from this critical bug, which is hard to detect and difficult to patch.
Recently disclosed, the Struts vulnerability is being actively attacked in the wild, as hackers jump at the chance to hit high-profile targets by exploiting this critical bug. Struts, an Apache open source framework for creating “enterprise-ready” Java web applications, is abundantly present in large Internet companies, government agencies and financial institutions.
For an informative walkthrough of the vulnerability and the Qualys detections, please view the Detect and Block Apache Struts Bug webcast recording.
Recently Qualys extended the cross-site scripting (XSS) detection capabilities of Qualys Web Application Scanning (WAS) by adding a new mechanism for detecting DOM based XSS (DOM XSS) vulnerabilities. The new mechanism works in an automated manner with no special setup or knowledge requirements, enabling security teams to greatly reduce the risk from these typically hard-to-detect vulnerabilities. Because of the technique Qualys WAS uses, it also indicates the location in your code of any XSS bugs found, which is pretty convenient for your development teams.
With 2017 still in its infancy, plenty of time remains for InfoSec practitioners to make concrete strides toward better security and compliance in their organizations. That’s why to help you start off the year on the right foot, we’ve shared best practices, ideas and recommendations in our Qualys Top 10 Tips for a Secure & Compliant 2017 blog series.
A decade ago, cross-site request forgery (CSRF, often pronounced “c-surf”) was considered to be a sleeping giant, preparing to wake and inflict havoc on the Worldwide Web. But the doomsday scenario never materialized and you don’t even seem to hear much about it anymore. In this blog post, part 1 of 2, I will explore this idea and try to understand why the CSRF giant never awoke. First we’ll cover the overall threat landscape, trends, and some notable CSRF exploits throughout the years, including one from personal experience.
This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform version 2.21 includes new major releases of both Web Application Firewall and Web Application Scanning. The release also includes numerous updates and new features for AssetView, Cloud Agent, and Security Assessment Questionnaire as follows:
- AssetView (Version 2.21.0) – One click access to vulnerability details for an asset and Improved filtering options for widgets.
- Cloud Agent Platform (Version 2.2.0) – Additional tuning parameters for the agent and simplified agent OS support information.
- Security Assessment Questionnaire (Version 2.6.0) – Improvements to Dynamic Reports, ability to customize Email templates, and ability to edit comments in responses.
- Web Application Firewall (Version 2.0.0) – Improved virtual appliance, improved integration with Web Application Scanning, a revamped user-interface and simplified security configuration.
- Web Application Scanning (Version 5.0.0) – Includes initial support for REST based testing, Scanner Appliance Pooling and drastic improvements to Progressive Scanning metrics.
The specific day for deployment will differ depending on the platform. Release Dates will be published on the Qualys Status page when available.
Qualys Cloud Platform release 2.18 includes updates and new features for:
- Qualys Cloud Platform (Version 2.18.0)
- AssetView and ThreatPROTECT (Version 2.18.0)
- Security Assessment Questionnaire (Version 2.3.0)
- Web Application Scanning (Version 4.12.0)
We are pleased to announce Qualys Web Application Scanning 4.9 (WAS) featuring customized global exclusion lists and enhanced reporting with a new, quick and easy scan comparison feature to help you meet your web application scanning needs and meet your business objectives even quicker.