Several years ago, Max, the CISO of a large manufacturer, realized that his organization’s formerly homogeneous, self-contained IT environment had lost its clearly delineated perimeter. Instead, it had become a hybrid environment with blurred borders, made up of a mix of legacy on-premises systems, new cloud workloads, and a variety of mobile endpoints.
This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform version 2.21 includes new major releases of both Web Application Firewall and Web Application Scanning. The release also includes numerous updates and new features for AssetView, Cloud Agent, and Security Assessment Questionnaire as follows:
- AssetView (Version 2.21.0) – One click access to vulnerability details for an asset and Improved filtering options for widgets.
- Cloud Agent Platform (Version 2.2.0) – Additional tuning parameters for the agent and simplified agent OS support information.
- Security Assessment Questionnaire (Version 2.6.0) – Improvements to Dynamic Reports, ability to customize Email templates, and ability to edit comments in responses.
- Web Application Firewall (Version 2.0.0) – Improved virtual appliance, improved integration with Web Application Scanning, a revamped user-interface and simplified security configuration.
- Web Application Scanning (Version 5.0.0) – Includes initial support for REST based testing, Scanner Appliance Pooling and drastic improvements to Progressive Scanning metrics.
The specific day for deployment will differ depending on the platform. Release Dates will be published on the Qualys Status page when available.
Qualys Cloud Platform release 2.18 includes updates and new features for:
- Qualys Cloud Platform (Version 2.18.0)
- AssetView and ThreatPROTECT (Version 2.18.0)
- Security Assessment Questionnaire (Version 2.3.0)
- Web Application Scanning (Version 4.12.0)
Last year, Qualys released our powerful new solution, AssetView and began activating the service on request during the initial deployment.
The new search and dashboard features have been very well received, and we are in the final phases of activating the service in most customers’ accounts! Over the coming weeks we will be enabling this service in your account which will replace the Asset Management module.
No action is required on your part. Once completed, you will see the AssetView module in your account and you can begin using the ElasticSearch and Dashboards immediately.
This release of the Qualys Cloud Platform 2.11 includes new features for the Qualys AssetView Service – a service that lets your company search for information across your entire environment, scaling to millions of assets for organizations of all sizes. Qualys AssetView provides search capabilities for multiple data sources in your environment, including data from: Free Inventory with Qualys Cloud Agent, optional VM or PC features of Cloud Agent, and also agentless scan sources. This feature replaces the Asset Management module in your account once enabled, and can be activated by contacting your Technical Account Manager or Technical Support.
Qualys Cloud Agent enables instant, global visibility of IT assets – even occasionally connected mobile and virtual devices, with up-to-date asset configuration data for security and compliance. A low-footprint agent installed on endpoints, Cloud Agent brings the high-performance functionality of all Qualys Cloud Platform solutions to all IT assets in the global enterprise.
This release of the Qualys Cloud Agent Platform includes several new features for improving management of the Cloud Agent including:
- New Information and Search Options in Agent Management – making it easier to find agents requiring attention.
- Agent Network and Name Identification – allowing you to identify an asset by its unique network information and track all addresses associated with an agent.
- New Capabilities for Activation Keys – allowing you to automate activation, licensed features, and dynamically tag new agents as they are registered.